Sunday, June 22, 2008

Satisfying Sunday

Work has consumed my life this past year, but today was officially my first Sunday off. I have to say, it was great. Coffee was taken with toast on the deck at 6 am (Dogs doing their "pee pee" dance)Perfect. Then back to bed for some computer time and darn if I didn't doze off. Again, perfect. Up to do some clean up the kitchen time, vacuuming the pool, and planting flowers. All pretty nice when it was completed. The kitchen looked great for about a minute, but it was clean.
'
Then, I was able to stitch....oh what a wonderful time! I completed a WIP. It is the Quaker Sampler by Threads thru Time. This is an interesting quaker, as it isn't signed at all, nor is it dated. It was found with another sampler done by Caroline Baker, so they are attributing it her.

Photobucket

I also stitched a bit on the Maiden of the Sea, by With My Needle. I had forgotten about it actually until I started going through my stitching basket. So I pulled it out and put in about three strands. But, and I am sure you have done this, I can't find the red thread that I was using for the lighthouse. Sheez....let's hope I can find it...because the half of the lighthouse I have stitched is 1x1! And frogging that....well, it's not pretty.

So I will leave you with some stitching advice. Zip your ziplock baggies, ladies!

4 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Sounds like a wonderful Sunday - hooray! :D Hope you find that red thread!

Carol R said...

That's what Sundays are for - a lie-in and stitching.
Love your Quaker Sampler.

Anonymous said...

Love that Quaker Sampler...would you be willing to sell the pattern? pjstitcher at mchsi dot com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work...I checked my files of samplers and I have the pattern. Thanks.. pj