Friday, June 13, 2008

Ordinary Me: M

Music: It's a very important part of my life. I have a daughter who is a musician and obviously she inherited my love of music. I love to sing and wish I could play an instrument. I have always wanted to play the cello;maybe when I retire I will take lessons.

Music brings joy to all people and it really is the universal language. I have seen very handicapped children respond to music when they can't respond to language. I have seen grown men (and others) cry at the swelling of a movie score. I have seen awkward teenagers relax when music began playing. Everyone relates to music. How sad that educators don't understand that music is the food that feeds the soul and that without it in schools, education is limited.

Someday, the Pentagon will have to have a bake sale to raise money for weapons and all schools will have ample music programs for children.

No comments: