Friday, June 20, 2008

Ordinary Me: P

Politics: Ugh! In reference to work politics, although national politics is wearing me out as well. When working, having to limit what you want to say because the person you are speaking with are friends of the "boss", or some manager or someone that impacts your future. Geesh....am I the only one left in American education that feels it is all bullshit?? I know I am not, but God help you if you speak against the machine. Everyone above me says "whatever is best for the children"....are they kidding???? Ask them about the money spent on their new office furniture, when the old is wonderful and any teacher in a building would feel it was "too good" for them. Ask them about the cell phone they have paid for by the district...ask them. I would love someone who isn't in the system to see what their rationale would be.

And I am not talking about money, necessarily, although that is paramount. I am also talking about the crap they are doing with curriculums, with state testing, with buying new textbooks because "the kids aren't achieving enough"!!! To disagree with these things outloud is political suicide. These people running the systems are not bright either. They are all trying to get ahead, so they agree with the boss at every turn. I pray they aren't so limited to think that what is going on is good!!!!! So why is it I sit in every meeting thinking that things are bullshit....doesn't anyone have common sense any more???

Do you think that ordinary me: R will be RETIREMENT????

1 comment:

mainely stitching said...

I'm not up-to-date on the American educational system any longer, but over here in the Netherlands I've seen exactly what you're talking about. Insanity!