Friday, August 24, 2007

TGIF!!!

This has been one h*ll of a week! My full time job has resumed with great gusto...and I am hating it. I really want to retire, but am about 8 years away to collect full retirement. Since we get no retirement to speak of....49 out of 50th in the United States (Mississippi doesn't have a retirement for teachers...) I really feel I need to stick it out until the full 30 years. This week has tested that "sticking around" plan. I had one therapist quit, one spend several hours on the phone to me because she is stressed out beyond belief...and of course many, many other problems. Working in a different job would be so welcome right about now.....
Any suggestions out there??

And to keep this stitching related here is the latest progress on Ann Grimshaw. I really love this sampler. Love the fabric, love the silk , love the design.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Love your Ann Grimshaw. What color thread are you using if you don't mind my asking? Hope things get better at work.

samplerknn said...

Using Vikki Clayton silk Indigo Ocean. It is a wonderful teal/blue/green silk. It is probably my favorite color of hers and beleive me when I say, there are many to choose from! Karen

Mindi said...

Karen- Both Ann Grimshaw and Beatrix Potter are looking fantastic.

Hang in there with your job. 8 years may seem like a lot, but think about the 22 years you'd be throwing away and not get any retirement. I'm in a similar situation, that I'm really not enjoying my job right now, but I have another 6 to go before I can get my 20-year retirement. Of course, even after the 20 years I'll need to get another job, I'll be too young for full retirement.

mainely stitching said...

I don't have any suggestions, but encouragement!! You really are making a difference, even if it doesn't feel like it.