Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tah Dah!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is the Quaker Black Swan Sampler by Exampler Dames. Glad to get that one finished!

I am so very excited. Yesterday, I was able to purchase the Goode Huswife 1809 Quaker Sampler Chart. I have been trying to find this for about 2 years. I have bid on this on Ebay (and I believe the last one went for $100!), I have pleaded with friends to part with theirs, and bribed a friend to make a copy for me!! (Yeah, I know....but it is out of print like for three years!!! ) Well, I wasn't able to obtain one until yesterday! Now, I haven't seen it yet, nor do I have it in my hot little hands, but at least it is hopeful that I will get it!!

6 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Ranae said...

Ohhh!! I love this design. I have been trying to find From This Day Forward" by examplar dames. The 1809 Quaker Sampler is neat too."

LivnLaf said...

Karen...that looks awesome and I can't wait to see the Huswife chart...I'm curious! Send me your e-mail address...I've wanted to respond to a number of your questions...and keep you posted on other Bloggers and such at Hershey!
redsthread@gmail.com

Mindi said...

Beautiful finish Karen, and I'd ask to see a picture of the Good Huswife chart, but that would probably lead to another addiction.

teacup said...

Hi,
I have been looking for Sally Weed sampler for a yr os so. This is the first time I have known of anyone relly having or seen the pattern. Could I buy yours if you are finished with it?? Any help is appreciated, I like the same type of samplers you do, I might be able to share something you do not have or are looking for.I have all the tombstone angels except sister sarah which I also have been looking for.

teacup said...
This comment has been removed by the author.