Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sunday night blues...

Okay, I admit I really hate my job right now. I am a supervisor of speech language pathologists within a large metropolitan school system. We have a huge personnel crisis now. Too many demands placed upon us and very few of us to do the job. Couple that with legal mandates to provide services to all children in need, you get a large problem. Stress is unbelievably high. Any of you in the mental health field and want research potential...here is a project for you. School based slps.
I have had a wonderfully long week off for spring break. Tomorrow I have to return. I truly would love to call in and say that I am not coming in for a while, but of course I won't. I have too much work ethic for that. However, I must say I have a very active fantasy life! I dream of opening a quilt/stitching coffee shop that makes millions! And of course, I never really have to do anything but hang out and stitch! (that is a fantasy!) It does decrease stress, at least most of the time. I really dread going back. My fear is that 2 more of my SLPs have quit, and I wouldn't blame them.
I don't have any answers, nor does anyone really care beyond my level. I just had hoped that by this time, after 7 years of struggling with adminstration support(or the lack of it) things would have been different.
So stitching and quilting are my escapes. Now only if I could truly escape and not have to work any longer.

Off to work on one of my many WIPs.

No comments: