Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Hello world of stitchers!


Hello world!
I have been toying with this blog thing for a while. Mainly, it is for my own motivational use. You see, I am a stitcher of samplers and such, as well as a quilter. (Egads….lots of fibers floating around in this house!)
I have decided to document my progress on some of these unfinished projects lying around taking up space and causing extreme anxiety. I know those of you in this same boat understand my pain…. If I stitched/quilted 24/7 for the next 5 years, I doubt I could finish all the things started.
I will eventually list my unfinished things, but for now, let’s just say, oh around 30 samplers and about 30 quilt projects are collecting dust….oh my god! When did that happen?
Fan of reproduction fabrics, scarlett letter, R&R fabrics, Lakeside Linens, scrap quilts, silk threads, quaker samplers in no special order. Just love all the old stuff.
Speaking of old, I am in the throes of hot flashes and other related menopausal delights. This creates many problems as it relates to fibers…hot fibers….very hot fibers…with humidity too! I blame that and my vision on all these WIPs. That’s my story and I am sticking to it…(literally!)
Name of the blog comes from the job and job related stress. I am a speech language pathologist supervisor and we are in the middle of a HUGE crisis. Too many clients and not enough SLPs. More about that later. I started stitching in earnest many years ago to rid the mind of stress. It worked for many years…but now, I do believe it is too late. Hence the crazy part…yea..more about that later too.
Outa here…working on a finish…I have posted a picture of it, the Scarlett Letter mini sampler Sun and Moon. I think in a couple of hours I can get really close to finishing. I have the right border and part of the bottom border and the squirrel to finish. Wish me luck.

No comments: