Thursday, April 26, 2007

Off to clear my mind....

I am so looking forward to this weekend. I am going to my semi-annual quilt retreat where I will be sewing all weekend long, sleeping when I want, having meals prepared and served by others and just all around fun times. This is held at a church camp (no booze.....) and we have heated bunks, not luxury accommodations, but it is great fun. Each time there is a mystery quilt that is offered, or you can just do your own thing. While I should be tackling some of the works in progress, I always do the mystery. I have made some quilt tops that never would have been attempted otherwise. I have learned something with each one. If I ever get the cord on my camera back, I will post them here. I haven't begun to pack yet, but it won't take me long. I have all my sewing "stuff" close at hand and ready to roll. Just the few clothes I need and of course the chocolate!

Had a great mail day again today. I had ordered some Gloriana silk threads a couple of weeks ago, and they arrived today. What is it about us that makes us just want to fondle fibers???!!! I literally sat and arranged them over and over while simply enjoying the colors and feel. I bought 5 specifically for a project which were all autumn colors. Oh what richness and so much fun!
My husband declares that I need a 12 step program to stop the addiction!

Off to begin packing.....ttfn!

1 comment:

The Silver Thistle said...

Have fun at your retreat! Hope you gets lots done and have much fun! :D