Friday, May 4, 2007

Ramblings..

Thanks Vonna, for your prayers. She will need all the help she can get.

Another crazy day at work. The job just is too much. I am too old. I am too disinterested. Something isn't right, but I still do it. Need to update the resume. Add that to the 101 things to do list.

I just subscribed to the online stitching magazine, The Gift of Stitching. I need some new project ideas (!) Actually the cover of this month's issue caught me, a set of Quaker seasonal samplers.
Aren't they nice? I have no idea if I will be able to stitch them or not, but the lure of the stash was real.

Tonight, DD is coming home to crash for a night, before she goes to meet up with college buddies for a Cinco de Mayo party tomorrow. Get ready, the house will look like a hurricane was here before she gets out of town! Love her, but love her better when she isn't living here! She lives at the beach, but still comes home once in a while, I swear just to aggrevate me. At least she doesn't bring her laundry anymore. She teaches music to middle school kids, but has heard she might get laid off next year. The arts are always the first to go. Just like in Mr. Holland's Opus, pretty soon there won't be anything to read or write about!


Tomorrow, DH and I go to NYC for the day. It is our 18th anniversary. We thought we might try for a show, but because the weather is going to be so nice, we are just going to chill for the day. I think we might start in Tribeca and Greenwich Village and see what we can get into. Hopefully there will be a street fair or something. We love those things. Hopefully I will run into something " textileish". Doesn't it sound like a great day to sit outside a restaurant watching everyone pass by on the street with a Margerita in hand?? Almost as good as stash shopping!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh heavens, I'd love to be able to sit somewhere with a whole pitcher of margaritas watching the people passing by...but I don't want to crash your anniversary! LOL!
Happy Anniversary and please drink a margarita in my name :)