Sunday, May 20, 2007

Another (small) finish!

This weekend I have been stitching away, just not on what I should be stitching to finish! I did hem most of my linen with the sewing machine and did some kitting of projects, but overall, little progress on those huge WIPs. I did, however, finish another of the freebie Quaker tree from workbasket. This is not mine just the finished one their website. Mine is completed in GAST Blueberry. It turned out very nice. Now, I need to concentrate on what in the world I will do with them. I would love to make these stand ups, but it looks complicated, with the balance and all. Any suggestions out there? I would love some advice.

I joined the Fair and Square swap and I also got my fabric and tentative pattern and threads together. We haven't exchanged names yet, but I have my ideas. So far, every who posted will likely be pleased with this pattern. I can't tell much more than that or it will give it away. I am looking forward to it, but I do worry that someone won't like what I stitched.

Back to work tomorrow. Ugh. I really need another job. I am really starting to dread it. It just simply wears me out. I don't know how long I can keep up the pace. Friday night, I went to bed at 7:00 and woke up at 6:00. Tell me I wasn't tired out from the long week. I napped for a hour later as well. Then I slept all night last night. That isn't normal and really does cut into my off work hours. I can't get work around the house completed because of it. I guess I should quit whining and be thankful I have a job.

Off to do another load of laundry and get my things together to watch the sopranos. Wonder who gets whacked tonight.....

1 comment:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I bet your Quaker Tree in blueberry is beautiful...as far as the stand ups go...I'm not entirely sure how to make them weighted to stand...but I don't thing the process would be hard. I wonder if you would just make it like a glove....and hem the bottom and then put it over something weighty...if that would work. Like a dish detergent bottle filled with sand or something and make the stitched piece like a cover for that? hmmm....maybe I need to try that out?! LOL!