Thursday, May 17, 2007

Pooches....

Not pouches..pooches. Since I still don't have my cord for my camera, I am posting pictures of my dog children. They are absolutely the best dogs.
Here is Emma, our goldendoodle (yes...daddy was a black poodle....) She is the smartest dog we have ever had, but our last dog was a bassett, so maybe my thinking is skewed. She seemed so very lonely and really craved canine company so we went and found a homeless guy who needed somebody to love him.



And here is her beloved brother Otis, who still is driving us nuts with the potty training. He is a rescue and my DH swears this is the reason he was found at the side of the road! This picture is actually where he was clean! He seems to always look ratty and dirty. We think he is part poodle and maybe lhasa apsa. He has an extreme underbite and it really takes him much longer to eat because of it. Whoever thought a whitish dog was a good idea(me!) was nuts! He is forever filthy around his mouth. He is so low to the ground I have had to shave his tummy and legs short so not to collect burrs. I will say that he is spunky and very fun. We do enjoy them together.
So to make this about stitching, I have joined a swap, which I am certain to enjoy. Lots of nice women who all enjoying stitching. I will keep you posted on my progress there too.
I did have a finish today. The Quaker Tree, the third. It is a free pattern and stitched up quickly. I don't know what I will do with it yet.
Have a great Friday and beyond.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Otis looks and sounds like a westie poodle cross to me -
love your stitching and your dogs! Hope you get your "orange" mail today :))
stitchingsue
PS - we should get together sometime, we're not that far away from each other - I'm just off Route 1 in Chester county PA, about 40 minutes to Bel Air etc

samplerknn said...

Hmmm...Westie...that might be..
I am in Norrisville MD, just over the line. We do most everything in PA, rather than MD. So no, you aren't too far at all!

Karen