Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Momma's Day!

What a wonderful spring day! I know most would disagree, saying it's too cold, too windy..but not me! I love chilly and breezy, since I am in the middle of hot flashes and personal summers. If fact, this morning, I was asked to close the french doors to the deck, since everyone else was shivering. Since it was mother's day, I admit I did hesitate, but reluctantly thought of the rest of the crew here. Almost perfect!


The dogs gave me a begonia, stating in their card, they would be happy to dig the hole and water it for me. Ha! No oppositional thumbs preclude them from planting it however. My youngest daughter brought home from school a gorgeous daisy arrangement; she is taking floral design and is interested in horticultural studies. It is something I swear, I would pay for easily. She really did a nice job. Oldest daughter called; wished me well and apologized for no gift (she's 23) . She is a music teacher who may not have a job next year and said when she finds out that she does have a job, she will send me flowers! Yea....no job because of a reduction in force, and since she is not tenured yet, she may get whacked. The other music teacher is HORRIBLE, but tenured. Something wrong with this system, but I digress. DH went and got crab cakes for this evening. Yum. Great day!


Stitching...slow at best. I did finish the stitching on a free workbasket quaker autumn tree.
Mine is done with GAST Blueberry, and still on a big piece of linen! I really need to figure out what I want to do with it before I get scissor happy and cut too small.

I worked a bit on my folklore forest last night, but the hot flashes with the humidity were fierce, so I didn't last long. Tonight, as I watch the Sopranos, I will work on it. It really only has a couple of hours and it will be finished. What is it about a project that those last hours are not very enjoyable?? Anyone else have this problem? I love to start but that glow retreats about 5 hours into the project! I guess I have ADD!
Off to work on the second quaker tree that goes with this one. These are so quick even I don't get bored with them!

Hope everyone has a great Momma's day!

1 comment:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Hi Karen,
send me an e-mail to:
pfeiffers6@sbcglobal.net
and I'll send you an invitation for fair and square...
I need your e-mail to do this.
Thanks!
Vonna