Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Off to Cape Cod!


Anyone that has gone through depression and managed to pull herself up from the gray area,should be allowed a well deserved vacation, don't you think? Well, because I was in that funk I couldn't think about planning anything new. When the cottage we stay in was offered to us again, I jumped (sluggishly) on it! We had a wonderful time last year, certainly didn't see all we would have liked, so why not? So, off to Wellfleet for a week of relaxation and rest. Really. Wellfleet is almost to the tip of the cape. The white tip is Provincetown, and Wellfleet is in the narrow part south of that. It is very quiet in Wellfleet, so we really felt rejuvenated when we returned. Books, stitching and the best clam chowder I have ever eaten! (Trust me.....I have had a couple of bowls of the stuff!) I am so stoked! Tomorrow is those last minute things and packing. Sheets and towels are in the bag and laundry "almost" finished!



I am meeting a cyber-friend, Marilyn, who I met face to face last year. We so enjoyed our meeting that we are doing it again! She took me to a local needlework store, where I was fascinated with the fiber selection they had! Town Ho Needlecrafts, I believe, is the name of the store. We are going back and seeing what new things I can get myself into!

I will be taking two projects. The Faith Hope and Charity Quaker that was put aside last year when the depression hit. I am also taking a sampler from the Scarlet Letter, Rachel Allen. I haven't gotten too far on it, but it is something different when I get tired of the quakers! I may take another small project to work on in the car.

One day we will be going to Nantucket on the ferry. Last year we went to Martha's Vineyard and enjoyed our day. My goal is to find a Nantucket basket for which I can design my own stitching band.

Those who have stuck with reading this miserable blog, I will be seeing you later!

No comments: