Saturday, September 8, 2007

Got Tagged...8 Random Things about me....

1. I have a Master's Degree from Indiana State University in Speech Language Pathology, and Master's Degree in Special Education from the same uni.
2. I used to be a cheerleader....ugh.
3. I stitched my first item at 7...using 6 strands of floss and knots..and I still have the tea towel I stitched.
4. I also quilt and hook rugs. Not the cheesy rug kits with yarn, but the primitive rugs made with wool strips.
5. My grandmother used to be a rug hooker and I have her "stripper" she used.
6. I love zydeco music as well as opera. I only dislike rap and country. Otherwise, music is everything.
7. I live in a pre civil war farmhouse, that has been in my family since 1900. My mother was born in our office and my great aunt was born in our bathroom, before it was my bathroom.
8. When I win the lottery (!) I want to build a post and beam house high on a mountain in New Hampshire.

2 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Well I didn't know you had Indiana connections. When did you graduate? My Uncle was a professor there at ISU in speech pathology and Special Education...his name was David Weber. He's my Mom's brother...maybe you know him?

How cool to live in an older home! I always romanticize about that :)

Mindi said...

Karen, could you please post some pictures of the rug hooking you do? I'm not familiar with the technique you described, but it sounds very interesting and nice.